Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 1995 11:28:59 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how do I deal with my NEC 7 disc CD changer?

My syquest scsi drive seems to
work fine (to exchange data with a Sun, I suppose I just
tar to the raw media (like a large floppy).

But how do I deal with my Nec CD changer?

(aic0:1:0): "NRC MBR-7.4 101" type 5 removable SCSI 2
cd0(aic0:1:0): CD-ROM
cd0(aic0:1:0): NOT READY asc:3a,0 Medium not present
can't get the size

There's two disks in there, in win95 what it does is on bootup it
cycles to find out which disks are there...

Also, how can I determine what the labels are (which appear in
win95?)  Is there a utility to probe the cds and display which
cds are in which luns?

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001