Date:      09 Dec 1998 15:59:22 -0500
From:      Greg Troxel <gdt@fnord.ir.bbn.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libretto Sound

After seeing notes on the list, I tried sound on a Libretto 70CT.
I am running 2.2.6 plus KAME plus ALTQ plus CODA plus local hacks.

After some lossage, I did the following and got it to work:

In windows, changed IRQ setting to 11 (was 5).  I presume this wrote
to the hardware to change what it used, but this was fairly opaque.

device pcm0 at isa? port 0x530 tty irq 11 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr

I found that with the irq and drq not filled in, the system crashed on
accessing /dev/sound0.  With it set to 5, which is what windows seemed
to have had the hardware set to, sound worked but the pcmcia slot
didn't ("driver allocation failed").  I then noticed that pcic0 was at
irq5:

pcm0 at 0x530 irq 11 drq 1 flags 0xa200 on isa
mss_attach <mss>0 at 0x530 irq 11 dma 1:1 flags 0xa200

PC-Card Intel 82365 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic: controller irq 5

I changed the config line to irq15, which seemed free.  Then a pcmcia
card worked and sound semiworked (sound out, but no interrupts
apparently).

Then, I tried changing the irq to 11, and all seems ok.  (with 'cat
file.ulaw > /dev/audio0').

I tried vat and got

  sorry don't know how to deal with this card

Before I dig further, does anyone have clues?  Does vat simply not
have code for the new drivers, and should I try the voxware driver (as
sb16, or mss, or what?)?  If anyone could mail me a working kernel
config line for the voxware driver for a Libretto, I'd appreciate it.

        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>