Date:      Fri,  5 Jan 2001 18:54:52 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel 2011 (802.11b)

Quoting Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>:

> In message <978716893.3a5608ddbe45b@Mail.CafeMania.Net> Edwin Culp writes:
> : I have seen the new intel wireless line mentioned on the list.  Does
> : anyone have it working?
>
> I have one, it just isn't working.  But my laptop doesn't have a
> region of 0x48 io addresses below 0x3ff aligned to a 0x80 boundary
> that I can install it at.  And the oldcard code is a little too set in
> its ways to recognize addresses above 0x3ff.
>
> Warner

Thanks, Warner.  It doesn't sound very promising for the short term but I'm
having problems with the AP right now any way.  What do you see as a solution?
Actually, I can use them in windows machines, I hope :-)  I haven't actually
tried them and use other cards in unix.  I bought them because of the AP that,
in theory, does point to multipoint.

Thanks again,

ed