Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:28:21 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with SB16 ISA in 4.3

I'm having problems with a Sound Blaster 16 (ISA) on FreeBSD 4.3.

I have the following lines on my kernel config file:

device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
device pcm

And when the machine boots the card gets detected:

sbc0: <SoundBlaster 16> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa0
pcm0: <SB16 DSP 4.12> on sbc0

sndstat says the card is there:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Apr 29 2001 16:36:27
Installed devices:
pcm0: <SB16 DSP 4.12> at io 0x220 irq 5 drq 1:5 (1p/1r channels duplex)

But I can't make the sound work. If I try to play an mp3 file, I get the
following error on dmesg:

pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

Does anybody know what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance, and please excuse my bad english.

				Fer

				Fer

"When I say "dogs", I'm talking about dogs, which are large, bounding,
salivating animals, usually with bad breath. I am not talking about those
little squeaky things you can hold on your lap and carry around. Zoologically
speaking, these are not dogs at all; they are members of the pillow family."
Dave Barry.