Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 20:09:40 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Brian Smith <brians@mandor.dev.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

In message <199610161532.IAA18695@mandor.dev.com>, Brian Smith writes:

Brian, I have nominated you for the title of

	"FreeBSD hacker weilding common sense way above the average".

:-)

>P.S. This is no slight against the few people who actually have
>contributed to the FreeBSD fund.  Jordan knows who you are.  As for
>other contributions, send-pr and CVS knows who you are too.

I have more than once thought about us making a "contributors" mailing
list so that I could unsubscribe from hackers.

If people who use FreeBSD in a commercial setting paid 2% of what it
would have cost them to do the same with shrink-wrapped software,
and private users paid 1% to the FreeBSD Projects funds, then I would
be much more inclined to listen to them and help them.

As it is now, I do FreeBSD for fun, and I work on what's fun for >me<
and what I think the historic necesity dictates that FreeBSD must have.

I do not jump out of my pants to help people with their more or less
bizarre wishes and problems, unless it matches the above "fun" clause
as well.

I've raised hell before on the mailing lists, and I don't mind doing
it again, the word from this slightly disgruntled -core member is:

	"CONTRIBUTE, PAY or SHUT UP! (in order of my preference)"

My hourly rate is USD120/h, various discounts available.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.