Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:34:25 +0100 (CET)
From:      Robert Eckardt <Robert.Eckardt@aranea.de>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Robert Eckardt <Robert.Eckardt@aranea.de>, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: isdnd with PPP

It was Brian Somers who wrote:
[.....]
> > My ppp-entry reads:
> >   set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command debug cbcp
> >   set device /dev/i4brbch0
> >   set phone REMOTENUMBER
> >   set dial
> >   set login
> >   set hangup
> >   set authname XXXXXXXX
> >   set authkey XXXXXXXX
> >   set callback cbcp auth e.164 MYNUMBER
> >   set cbcp MYNUMBER 7
> >   set enddisc mac
> >   set speed sync
> >   enable lqr
> >   set lqrperiod 45
> >   disable pred1 deflate
> >   deny pred1 deflate
> >   set timeout 60 600
> >   set cd 10!
> >   set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
>
> It would be interesting to see the LCP conversation.  I'll bet the
> peer agreed to use ``auth'' callback and then tried to play ``cbcp'' !
> Changing the ``set callback'' to just ``cbcp'' may help.

Yes, setting it to
  set callback cbcp
  set cbcp * 7
worked. I use the entry now to dial out and negotiate call-back.
(After removing `auth' from the options list I got CBCP messages in the log
and noticed that the other side would not let me choose a call-back number.)

For the incoming call I use the isp2 interface as I did not want to configure
the dial-in with i4brbch and user-ppp now.
(Somehow I wonder why ppp did not take over control when i4brbch accepted the
incoming call -- or at least noticed that the connection was open again.)

Ciao,
Robert

--
    Dr. Robert Eckardt          Robert.Eckardt@Robert-Eckardt.de