Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 1996 13:46:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com
Subject:   Re: -current  submitting policys

As ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com wrote:

> This brings up a few questions at least for me.  Should the code be
> buildable and installable on the developers machine with the latest
> -current before submitting?  Should a code diff be inspected by
> another peer before submitting?

We are all humans only.  Paul did follow all of this, he's been asking
in -current before, and he had his change peer-reviewed, as you can
see in the log message:

revision 1.3
date: 1996/02/23 17:57:32;  author: pst;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
If a .db file is 0 length, initialize it as if it did not exist.
Reviewed by:    wollman

Nevertheless, once used on much more than two machines, the real
problems with it started popping up.  You can hardly blame Paul for
this accident, even though the consequences were fatal for a number of
people.

--
cheers, J"org