Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 18:01:38 +0400
From:      =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        yokota@FreeBSD.ORG, bugs@dyson.iquest.net, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -current reboot & vidcontrol mode switching

I found that vidcontrol text videomode switching (called from my .login)
often cause silent reboot or lockup with latest dyson VM changes. It seems
some hardware page not present at the moment of the switching or something
similar processor related. -current before last big VM changes round not
have this problem (since vidcontrol mode switching was in my .login for
years due to lack of -all-the-screens- mode switching syscons ability)

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://www.nagual.pp.ru/~ache/