Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:36:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        hm@kts.org, ccsanady@nyx.pr.mcs.net, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcvt/132 columns

> > In the PC world, there is already a generic graphis driver for setting the
> > state of the board available, its called BIOS. The only problem the free
> > BSD's have, is to access it.
>
> This is, of course, not really a useful solution.  Please people,
> don't assume that the last decade has been devoid of programmers that
> understand the PC's video subsystem - none of the ideas that have been
> raised recently are original, and the fact that they haven't been
> implemented should tell you something very important.

That the FreeBSD hackers have problems implementing something the
Linux guys already have?  8-) 8-) 8-).

Seriously, there is a GGI project for Linux... and it already works.
Linus just refuses to let it in the door (like I've said in other
postings, Linux has similar organizational limits, it's just taken
them longer to hit them because of their fractal complexity being an
order higher than FreeBSD's).

					Regars,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org