Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 08:13:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>, "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, terry@whistle.com
Subject:   Re: wc* routines

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Julian Elischer wrote:

# terry posted the URL several times..
# I'll forward this to him again.....

Yes, the ones I saw pointed to a set of patches and to some
code that was claimed to be in the xview source from X11R5.
Here's the URL for the messsage that I found.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=323385+325924+/usr/local/www/db/text/1998/freebsd-hackers/19981206.freebsd-hackers

The URL in that message is now unreachable from my location
on the net planet.  I did find a set of patches that fit this
description here:

ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/R5contrib-fixes/Xwchar/

But if you'll take a look at these patches they definitely
do go with any code I can find in xview-3.2.  There is some
code in xview that looks like it can be for this, but it
doesn't have things like fwprintf.  It only appears to have
enough to suit its own purposes not a full implementation.

Needless to say I'd be very interested if Terry could enlighten
us once again with the magic URL. :)

-steve