Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 1995 10:44:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        peter@nmti.com (Peter da Silva)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: news software - which to use ?

> > cnews and nntp are stagnant. INN is _the_ news tool of choice.
> Cnews is the tool of choice if you do much UUCP. INN treats UUCP like a poor
> relation.

INN with UUCP has worked just fine for me for months.  True, INN is a swap
hog and C News would be lighter, but, like many, I find INN much easier to
administer.  I originally picked it because I had been running it for a
former employer, was familiar with it, and saw no particular reason to go
back to C News (which I've also run, though not for a while).

I honestly don't see much to choose between them, unless one is running in
a swap-poor environment (in which case C News is really the only alternative).
Swap is cheap, though, like the man said.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com