Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 22:15:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Pavel P. Zabortsev" <pasha@test.cdu.elektra.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Driver vx!

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Pavel P. Zabortsev wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Again about Ethernet adaptors.
>
> I use 3Com 3C900 Ethernet adaptors (PCI) with FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE.
> And I think driver for this card (vx) don't count collisions in the
> Ethernet!   ;-((((
> Becouse "netstat -i" shows number of collisions equal zero, but my Ethernet
> hub (SMC TigerHub TP6B) indicate that there is a lot of collisions in the
> Ethernet.
>
> Correct me, please, if I'm wrong...

This depends on who causes the collisions.  netstat -i counts the number
of collisions that the interface directly causes, while the hub light
looks across all the ports, including the incoming one.  If you're the
only one on the hub, then, hm.... it's quite possible it's not counting
that, but I'm sure it worked when I had a 3c900 in this box a while back.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo