Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:59:28 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        eculp@encontacto.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re:   latest firefox. linux-flashplugin and nspluginwrapper don't want to work together.

Quoting eculp@encontacto.net (from Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:14:44 -0500):

> Quoting eculp@encontacto.net:
>
>> I upgraded firefox, the  linux-flashplugin and reinstalled  =20
>> nspluginwrapper, just in case;)
>>
>> firefox-2.0.0.7,1
>> linux-flashplugin-7.0r70
>> nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5
>>
>> The plugins are recognized in firefox wih about:plugins but no  =20
>> longer work.  They have been working nicely for several months now. =20
>>   I guess I should rollback something.
>
> More info:
>   - Box with issue:
>       6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #372: Mon Sep 24 05:41:04 CDT 2007

Is this RELENG_6 or RELENG_6_2? If the former, when did you cvsup?

>   - On Linux-opera I get sound but no flash movie.
>   - I tried it on a 7.0 current box and it worked.  So maybe it is
>     time to quite procrastinating and upgrade ;)
>   - I would still love to hear a Flash9 success story.

There are kernel bugs preventing flash9 to work even on -current. You =20
can head over to emulation@ if you want to help debugging the problem =20
(you have to run -current then).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #18:
=09 A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
=09=09-- ST:DS9, "Heart of Stone"

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137