Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2004 02:06:21 +0000
From:      "victor.lamberty" <victor.lamberty@sasktel.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        victor_lamberty@yahoo.ca
Subject:   kernel build did not go 'by the book'

Procedure 1. Building a kernel the ``traditional'' way

1.	Run config(8) to generate the kernel source code.

	        # /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL

that's how the handbook shows how to do it and this is how I did it

		#/usr/sbin/config GWYNETH <----| that's what I named my custom kernel

but I got this

		#config../../compile/GWYNETH:No such file or directory

that's what I got the first time, so, I tried again and got this

		##config /GWYNETH:No such file or directory

what went wrong and is more info needed

--
If all the world's economists were laid end to end, we wouldn't reach a
conclusion.