Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:28:41 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Adam Simpson <adam2@apollo.netsonic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: another Q - EZ-17 Changer and Mammoth2 Tape Drive - anyone using with success??

In the last episode (Jan 27), Adam Simpson said:
> hmm.. ok Im must be missing somthing simple here.. If I do a mt
> rewoffl
>
> It ejects the tape from the drive, but the it stays with the picker
> sittung right in front of the drive..  trying chio move drive 0 slot
> 1 gives the below.. do I not need the mt reoffl first to eject the
> tape from the drive?
>
> operator@hades [5:06pm] /hold > chio move drive 0 slot 1
> chio: /dev/ch0: CHIOMOVE: Device busy

Hm.  That definitely should have worked.  You do need to manually
rewoffl the drive, since most changers can't directly control the tape
drive that's attached to them.  Do you get any debugging messages
logged to the console or /var/log/messages?  You might need to boot the
kernel in verbose mode to see them (set boot_verbose="YES" in
/boot/loader.conf if you're running 4.*, otherwise type in "kernel -v"
at the boot prompt).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com