Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 01:04:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Herbert Pirke <pirkeh@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Gnome Midnight Commander CD-Icons...

Hi!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm still quite
new to freeBSD...

Under Linux I was using Windowmaker together with the
Gnome Midnight Commander as a file manager. Under
linux, the installed IDE-devices are automatically
scanned during the installation and my Linux
distribution created the links to my cd-drives
automatically.

Unfortunately, under FreeBSD this didn't work. I only
have the Home folder on my desktop, but no cd-drives.
I tried to figure out on my linux box, how the links
work there. But (at least appearently) doing the same
didn't work out at all.

I have FreeBSD 4.0 and two cd-drives (one atapi-DVD
Pioneer 103s and one CD-RW Mitsumi 4204). Both are
correctly set up in fstab.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Herbert