Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:48:35 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Marvin McNett <mmcnett@cs.ucsd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd9660: Device not configured

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:42:06PM -0800, Marvin McNett wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with my DVD drive on FreeBSD-4.2.  When I
> attemped to mount my drive for the first time:
>
>     mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom
>
> I received the message:
>
>     cd9660: Device not configured

I have this same error with a kernel.GENERIC. After booting
the installation CD and choosing the media it suddenly
says: cd9660: Device not configured or something like that.

Although it boots from CDROM. It's a Creative Labs 56x CDROM drive.
I'm messing with the installation now for more than half a (Sun)day
with all sorts of strange things like getting:

# dmesg
dmesg: /dev/drum: Device not configured