Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 19:27:36 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone got Satan to run?

I downloaded and installed Satan 1.1.1 today.  But I have yet to get it to
do anything for me.  I can't get past the "Warning - SATAN Password
Disclosure" screen.

Following the README, I first ran the reconfig script, then did a "make
bsd" (fwiw, "make freebsd" appears to be a feature which doesn't appear
in the list if you just type make).

Then I started the satan script from the main directory.  Then Target
Selection.  Entered the IP address of the host to scan.  Went for
"heavy" and pressed "Start the scan".  It goes to the "Warning - SATAN
Password Disclosure" screen.  I go back the previous page and press
"Start the scan again".

And nothing happens.  top shows nil activity.  The logs are inactive.

Ummm, I give up.  I'm on 3.3-RELEASE.

cheers
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/