Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:00:00 +0100
From:      David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Getting the latest OpenSSH-askpass port

--==_Exmh_-1181273120P

Hi

I am having a problem trying to retrieve the latest "openssh-askpass"
contained within the ports tree.

My copy of the ports tree is upto date as of Friday 23rd March, but I
was getting the same problem before updating my ports tree. When I
try and do a make to retrieve the source I get the following

>> Attempting to CVS checkout from :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs1.usa.openb
sd.org:/cvs.
cvs checkout: authorization failed: server anoncvs1.usa.openbsd.org
rejected access to /cvs for user anoncvs
cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real
password
>> Couldn't CVS checkout OpenSSH-askpass-1.2.2.2001.02.24.  Please
try to retrieve
>> a snapshot with "make fetchsrctarball" and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh-askpass.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh-askpass.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh-askpass.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh-askpass.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh-askpass.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh-askpass.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh-askpass.

When I follow the directive to "make fetchsrctarball" I get nothing
no errors, just an immediate return of my prompt.

I have tried looking at the OpenSSH.org web site and can see no
reference to askpass on the site.

I know I managed to do this once before as I am running askpass on
another box, but that is  an older version and I amd trying to update
all my ports to the latest and greatest versions.

Any help would be most welcome.

David.