Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 1996 00:41:51 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fhackers@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        scanner@webspan.net
Cc:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a real live actual working deluser script?

> > talk about it, and about how complicated it would be, and on and on, but
> > no actual script, and I don't see a port or a package.
> Here is one that is like 2 lines mine and the rest gary's :)
> Mine started out simeple as 4 lines. But under use of those less unix
> knowledable it went haywire. So it was  re-written all but 2 lines.
> It works pretty good. Hope it does the job for you.
[snip]

Not bad! (maybe a crontab -u $LUSER -r in there somewhere would be a
good idea).

For bonus points, how about removing any files owned by them in /tmp
and /var/tmp and killing any jobs they have left running - that should
get rid of most of the "little surprises" that people occasionally
leave behind...

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk