Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 1996 14:36:20 +0800
From:      wk <wkchow@netvigator.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Missing files for installation to IDE

Dear Sir,
I have brought "The Complete FreeBSD" package with a nearly 2" book plus
two CDROM disc of FreeBSD 2.1.5 recently.  I failed to install it to my
PC (486, IDE harddisk, sbpcd CDROM, SB16 sound card).  According to the
book, pages 14, Table 1-3, there should have a batch file "inst_ide.bat"
and a kernel for booting from MS-DOS "kernel.IDE"; however, both are not
found in the CDROM that I have purchased. ("atapiflp.bat" also missing).
I have just been to the mirror site for Walnut Creek - ie the University
of Science and Technology of Hong Kong, but could not find the missing
files I needed.  Would you please advise me where I can get them so that
I can install FreeBSD 2.1.5 ty PC Many thanks. mC P