Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:33:27 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        chris/reman <z2172268@student.unsw.edu.au>
Subject:   Re: solaris is free.

> Thats funny, because the uni. where I am at (UNSW, Sydney) the comp sci labs
> originally running (and still is) a mix of decstations and labtams running Su
> when they redid their workstations upstairs they bought p200's and stuck x86
> SunOS on them, weird eh.  Personally I would have saved the money bought chea
> workstations and stuck linux or freebsd on them, but what can you do when you
> only an undergrad, and your uni purchasing scheme is up $h*t creek.
> Then again I spose they were going for tried and tested, (insert remark about
> tired and bested here)
At least when your uni decided to upgrade to SOlaris they bought new hardware!
When I was at uni (a few months ago) they where running Solaris on Sparc 10's
:(

They got 2 E450's just as I left tho.. bastards ;)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |