Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:16:05 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP with PPP and filetring, please !

Hi ! Thanks to all of you who helped me with this one.

Downloading the latest version made everithing work properly, even
filtering. and it is not dialing when it is loaded at boot time.

Now, the last problem I will have to solve, before moving to the ppp server
(accepting calls), is the following:

I want to stop ppp from dialing when I try connecting via telnet or ssh to
the FBSD box.

To do it with the telnet, I am trying the following:

# DO NOT Allow telnet connections dial out to the Internet
#
 set dfilter 2 deny tcp src eq 23 estab
 set dfilter 3 deny tcp dst eq 23

which is a modification of permit/deny telnet access. It didn't work, and
reading a lot of documentation didn't help much.

Additionally, I would like to allow Internet access to a couple of user
only. I know there are filters I can use to do it, but I couldn't find
examples.

What should I do ?