Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:03:10 -0500
From:      "gh" <grasshacker@linkfast.net>
To:        "Rahul Siddharthan" <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why encourage stupid people to use *BSD WAS:Re: IE

> What's wrong with having an undelete command, if someone can implement
> one?

What a silly question.
For an operating system to have an ``undelete'' option, the OS must maintain
a copy of the deleted files...which defeats the purpose of deleting the damn
files.
I find that the best way to handle my mistakes is simply to make none.

Everybody makes mistakes; it is *NOT* the job of the operating system
to pick up the poopoo left after the mistake.

Allow people to make mistakes; but, *encourage* the person (almost put
`dumbass'...) to learn from it.

Dan