Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 2006 06:56:04 +0100
From:      Konstantin Saurbier <saurbier@math.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        Dave Horsfall <daveh@ci.com.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenLDAP maintenance

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

Dave Horsfall wrote on Wed Feb 01, 2006 um 04:21:57PM:
> Is OpenLDAP being actively maintained?  The designated maintainer,=20
> vsevolod@highsecure.ru is not answering his email.
>=20
> My issues are:
>=20
> 2.2.30 has been rendered historic and is no longer supported; it should b=
e=20
> removed from the ports.
>=20
> 2.3.11 is way out of date; the current (and "STABLE") version is 2.3.19.

I will submit a patch updating openldap23 to 2.3.19 later this day if
noone is faster. I am willing to take maintainership but maybe this
part should be taken by a experienced commiter because of the importance
of this port.

> The OpenLDAP developers themselves recommend that DB 4.2.52 be used, not=
=20
> 4.3.29.

=46rom the 2.3.19 release Readme:

"BDB and HDB backends require Sleepycat Berkeley DB 4.2 or later" this
includes BDB 4.3.29.

> Some of the patches (in "files") do not make sense.

I will take a look at these files.

> And yes, I'm happy to support it if noone else will...

Feel free to submit a PR and ask for taking maintainership within this PR.
--=20

Best regards,

Konstantin Saurbier

Konstantin Saurbier                Tel.: 0521 106 3861
Computerlabor Mathematik                        U5-138
Universitaet Bielefeld             Universitaetsstr.25
33501 Bielefeld
email:                  saurbier@math.uni-bielefeld.de

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--