Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:49:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        Pavol Adamec <pavol_adamec@tempest.sk>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipf or ipfw (was: log with dynamic firewall rules)

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Darren Reed wrote:

> IP Filter 4.0 will change that quite dramatically :-)

What's the best place to go see a relatively thorough (unbiased would be
nice too) comparison between the two?  I.e. some webpage with a column of
IPFW 'features' vs. a column of ipf 'features' or examples of rulesets
doing the same thing for each showing one is/isn't more efficient...

The only real reason I've heard ipf reccomended since ipfw got
keep-state/check-state is ipnat.

-mrh