Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:10:46 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad won't boot ISO image

> O.K. I've got a burner and boat loads of cheap media so no problem there.
> One question though -- Once I've modified the sources as you've outlined
> below, how do I make the bootable floppy image that gets written to the
> CDR?

Since we only care about getting to the point where the loader can read
the disk image, it's actually pretty easy.  Take the kern.flp file off
the install CD, then say:

vnconfig /dev/vn0 kern.flp
mount /dev/vn0a /mnt
<dink with stuff on /mnt>
umount /mnt
vnconfig -u /dev/vn0

After that, you can create an almost empty CD, which should take very
little time to burn...