Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:32:46 +0100 (BST)
From:      Parisis Flegkas <p.flegkas@eim.surrey.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X

I have problems running the Xserver when I login as a user (not root).
When I login as a root the Xserver is working fine.
i get the following message

XFree86 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System(protocol Version 11, revision 0,
vendor release 6300)Release Date: January 8 2000	If the server is
older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer	than the above
date, look for a newer version before reporting	problems.  (see
http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)Operating System: FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE i386
[ELF] Configured drivers:  S3: accelerated server for S3 graphics adaptors
(Patchlevel 0)      newmmio, mmio_928, s3_genericFatal server
error:xf86OpenConsole: Server must be running with root permissionsYou
should be using Xwrapper to start the server or xdm.We strongly advise
against making the server SUID root!When reporting a problem related to a
server crash, please sendthe full server output, not just the last
messagesX connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).