Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2020 23:06:53 +0100
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@ellael.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   replacement of security/ipsec-tools

[X-posted, please chose the relevant ML for such a thread]

Hi,

I am running ipsec-tools to implement a VPN tunnel (esp) between two =
hosts for years now.

But this statement on http://ipsec-tools.sourceforge.net makes me think =
about an alternative:
	The development of ipsec-tools has been ABANDONED.=20
	ipsec-tools has security issues, and you should not use it. =
Please switch to a secure alternative!=20

Could you provide me with links where I could find more details about =
the above mentioned 'security issues'? I want to find out, if my =
specific setup has security issues at all. Thanks.

What would be a secure alternative if one is needed?=20
	#) security/racoon2
	#) security/strongswan
	#) something else?

What do I need?
	#) a VPN tunnel between two hosts
	#) both local networks reachable from the remote host

Thanks and regards,
Michael