Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 1995 20:43:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: uucp dilemma

> From: Steve Ames <steve@cioeserv.cioe.com>
> I've been running a freebsd system using uucp for a long time now (better than
> a year). I just put a new system under the old configuration and now its broke.
> Main differences:
> OLD		NEW
> 486dx66		Pentium 90
> 16450 UART	16550a UART
> 'bout sums it up. Otherwise no real differences at all.
>
> What it does now is that outgoing UUCP seems to work fine. Incoming UUCP gets
> a lot of errrors and aborts. Let me clarify that a bit... by outgoing I mean
> that I dial out and deliver or pickup the packets... incoming means they call
> in to send or receive packets. Pretty wierd, but thats what seems to be happeing.

I wonder if you might have a double com1 problem?  Some motherboards have
an on-board set of com ports that respond to the com1/2 addresses.  If you
put in another card to do your serial i/o maybe you have some interrupt
and address space collisions.

It also might be that the cable for that serial port isn't handling flow
control correctly.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net