Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:20:41 -0400
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: screeshots part deux

Brett Taylor wrote:

> Last week or so people were all up in arms about getting some screenshots
> on www.freebsd.org so I said "send me your screenshots."  Two people did -
> I know some of you posted URL's to yours but I accidentally deleted a
> bunch of mail so I missed them.  Feel free to send them to me if you want.
>
> In any case, I've taken the screenshots I've received and the ones I've
> made and made a little web page.  Feel free to come browse it and check
> them out.
>
> Being that we've had a number of people on -questions lately ask "what
> does FBSD look like?" maybe it is a good idea to have some on the web
> page.  I know I've overwhelmed W95 users when I had Enlightenment on my
> machine (I couldn't stand it - too foofy - but it is good at wowing
> people).
>
> The URL is:
>
>         http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/screenshots.html
>
> For those of you who want to make a screenshot to send me, use xv (xgrab
> won't work on displays w/ greater than 8bpp and xwd didn't seem to work
> right for me either).  Start xv, open up the command window and right
> above "Quit" is "Grab".  I found xv didn't like having "hide xv windows"
> picked so I put the xv windows on another desktop, used autograb w/ a 10
> second delay and switched to the desktop I wanted.  To get the entire
> desktop make sure the mouse cursor is OUTSIDE of any windows and on the
> desktop.

> Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
> http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

Well, I have made my own screen shot of FreeBSD without Xfree86!
A lot of newbie dont understand than basicaly, FreeBSD come *without* a Win
manager.

http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/#2.1

I can erase the commentary and send you the HTML tag, because its a "false
screen shot"
If you also want, I can put the HTML tag in .gif or .jpg and make it more big.

cya
Malartre