Date:      20 Dec 2000 12:19:53 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pcmcia adapter for CompactFlash cards and FreeBSD ?

>> I've got a Canon S10 Digital Camera. This model uses CompactFlash I
>> and II cards to store pictures (as jpeg or tiff files). Canon sells a
>> Pcmcia adapter to put a CF card. As far i've understood, the card is
>> viewed as a simple ram card : it's a great thing as there is no need
>> for further software.

Greg> That's the problem.  There may already be one in there, in which case
Greg> you may need to do nothing.  I can't see anything in there with the
Greg> name Canon, but the card doesn't have to have the Canon name.  A
Greg> typical entry might be like this:

I've bought this adapter and, just FYI :

The PCMCIA adapter is automagically recognized as SanDisk (i dont
change anything in pccard.conf) at ata2-master. Don't know why the
slice is ad4s1 (i've only a hard disk, no CD-ROM) but it works...

Thanks for your explanations.

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1280672034 secondes.