Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:20:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building aout ports in -current

I've been notified that one of the ports I'm responsible for, xswallow, will no
longer build under -current.  Here's a snip from the build log:

===>  Building for xswallow-1.0.18
cd /tmp/a/ports/www/xswallow/work/xswallow/xswallow && cc -O -pipe -o
xswallow.so -aout  -shared -nostdlib -DXP_UNIX -I../include
-I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/lib/compat/aout -lgcc  UnixShell.c stubs.c
as: could not exec aout/as in /usr/libexec: No such file or directory
UnixShell.c: In function `readEntries2':
UnixShell.c:498: output pipe has been closed
cpp0: output pipe has been closed
as: could not exec aout/as in /usr/libexec: No such file or directory
stubs.c:15: output pipe has been closed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /a/ports/www/xswallow.
*** Error code 1

Is it no longer possible to build aout binaries in -current, or am I simply
using the wrong approach here?  Admittedly, I did employ a rather "ad hoc"
method to get this package to compile, and up until now it's worked just fine.

Any info that might help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Conrad Sabatier
conrads@home.com