Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:33:27 -0500
From:      Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com>
To:        "'Thomas Good'" <tomg@nrnet.org>, "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Serial Comms Question

On Monday, December 07, 1998 8:35 AM, Thomas Good [SMTP:tomg@nrnet.org]
wrote:
> My USR 28.8 interal ACU (sio3 - cuaa3) is misbehaving.  I am using
HDB
[snip]
> But...I wait for local echo which is not forthcoming.  When I hit CR
I get
> one word from my SCO login prompt echoed back.  I press enter a few
times
> and eventually see my entire login prompt but am unable to send chars
[snip]
Check the IRQ setting on your modem.  In the DOS world, COM 1&3 share
IRQ 4
and COM 2&4 share IRQ 3.  IIRC shared interrupts don't work in Unix so
COM 3 uses IRQ 5 and COM 4 uses IRQ 9 by default.  You can change this
by
typing '-c' at the bootup screen or by compiling a custom kernel.

Good Luck,
Max