Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:12:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.5 -> 4.6 upgrade necessary?

Hello All

I have a 4.5 system thats been purring along fine for a long time now.
I've installed quite a bit from the base 4.5 ports and packages
collection but nothing from outside of them. I'm thinking of updating
this box and just for yucks I grabbed the 4.6 ISOs.

Several of my ports and packages could use an upgrade (ssh, wm's, other
stuff). Should I use the 'Upgrade' option in the 4.6 install? Or CVSup? Do
I really have any reason to upgrade? I mean, it just continues to run like
a top ... ;-) Perhaps I should just learn how to update my source tree?

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

JB

/*