Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 18:21:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      sameer@c2.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need to figure out how to install a new kernel on boot floppy

	I have learned more about my problem and know exactly what I
need to do, I think.

	I need to boot from a custom kernel, from a floppy, and have
it use sd0a as the root device. I tried taking a floppy, installing
boot blocks, building a kernel, and copying the kernel over to it
(using a 2nd machine, which is working) but when the kernel boots, it
tries to use fd0c as the root device even though the kernel config
file said to use sd0a as the root device.
	help!

thanks,
--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770