Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:11:02 GMT
From:      ruth moulton <ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Subject:   scanners and printers

Hi,

scanners
---------
I'd like to drive a scanner from my freebsd system, I'm looking at
buying one.

I'd like to ask about drivers - are there any available for freebsd?

the box I'm considering is a Black Widow 9630 S, which uses
a SCSII II interface.

It comes with a well reveiwed TWAIN driver, does any one know if
TWAIN drivers are available for UNIX ?

But if any one knows of drivers for other scanners I'd welcome
the information.

printers
--------

I'm using a b&w postscript printer at the moment, but would
like to take advantage of some of the cheap colour printers around,
but my favorite swre (e.g. emacs) seems to only generate
Postscript,

anyone have any ideas - conversion from postscript etc...

thanks
Ruth

Ruth Moulton            ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Consultant

65 Tetherdown,
London N.10 1NH, UK     Tel:+44 181 883 5823