Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux_base-7.1 woes

I'm not sure how appropriate this is for -stable, but maybe someone here
can help ..

I am running 4.7-PRERELEASE from Tue Sep 10 23:44:03 EDT 2002.  The ports
tree was cvsup'd around the same time.

When trying to install linux_base, I get the following:

[root@erp:/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base]# make install
===>  Installing for linux_base-7.1_1
kern.fallback_elf_brand: -1 -> 3
glibc-common-2.2.4-29.i386.rpm
glibc-2.2.4-29.i386.rpm
execution of glibc-2.2.4-29 script failed, exit status 0
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base.

And, the kernel is spitting out:

pid 5389 (glibc_post_upgra), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)

I was given a suggestion that the kernel module might be out of date.  Do
I have to do anything outside of just a regular build/installworld?

I did "rm -R /usr/compat/linux" and tried again, but I got the exact same
problem.  I believe that all of the package depended on by linux_base are
up to date.

From what I can tell, there are no hardware issues with this machine
either.

Not really sure where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.