Date:      Sat, 31 Dec 1994 04:15:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      Olof Johansson <offe@ludd.luth.se>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   WD-7000 SCSI-driver for FreeBSD

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right address to write to. However, today (and
tonight, it's 4am here :) I've been working on porting/patching/finishing
the WD-7000 driver from NetBSD. This has now gone so far that I can read
and write tapes on my Tandberg 3600. It is unfortunately the only
SCSI-device I have.
Needed to say is that it's no speed-deamon, but then I haven't done more
than get it to work yet.
I haven't added scatter/gather support (yet?) (the comment at top of the
NetBSD-source talks about that), but in my opinion it's better to have a
slow driver than no driver at all.

I'll keep on working on it during next week, and I'll get back when I have
something worth adding to the source tree.

					-Olof

Olof Johansson     | Address:              | Phone: +46-10-695-8364
offe@ludd.luth.se  | 2 komp, 3 plut        | Who is General Failure, and why
d92-ojn@sm.luth.se | Box 9106              | is he reading my disk?
offe@sdf.luth.se   | 961 19 Boden / SWEDEN | (MSDOS - just say NO!)