Date:      Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:10:37 +0200
From:      Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with NanoBSD And Alix Board not device boot

--Apple-Mail-14-421639448

On Jun 5, 2011, at 18:57, Warner Losh wrote:
> nopacket mode is the hardest of all modes to use.  Your CF's reported =
geometry *MUST* be encoded properly in the nano config file.  This isn't =
the geometry that the CF card reader reports, but what the CF card =
reports in true IDE mode.  This will vary from card to card (even cards =
with exactly the same label).  Unless your boot loader doesn't support =
packet mode properly, I'd strongly urge you to use packet mode.

Last time I checked, the TinyBIOS used in the Alix boards does not =
support packet mode properly (but according to =
http://blog.brixandersen.dk/?p=3D94 this was 3 years ago, I'll try to =
find time to retest against a newer version of TinyBIOS).

Brix
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@FreeBSD.org>

--Apple-Mail-14-421639448