Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:31:47 -0400
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [BRAINSTORM] shebang fixing framework

On 30 April 2013 06:38, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:

> So far what has been proposed already is:
> - replace ${lang}_FILES by FIX_${lang}
> - nuke SHEBANG_LANG in favor of USES= shebangfix:perl:python
> - nuke SHEBANG_LANG in favor of USES= shebangfix:"perl python"
> - nuke SHEBANG_LANG in favor of USES= shebangfix:perl+python

I would rather see a general solution rather than including a per
language fix.   Ideally we can do something to the effect of
's,/usr/bin,${PREFIX}'

If a general solution is not possible I'd prefer USES=shebangfix imply
all of USES=shebangfix:perl:python:php etc.

I'm also not sure about the lang_FILES=.  Applying the sed (assuming
it can be made specific enough) to the entire tree would be nice, but
may take too long, especially on large work directories.  I guess it
isn't too bad.

--
Eitan Adler