Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:18:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Scott Nolde <scott@smnolde.com>
To:        Tadas <b-tadas@takas.lt>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Burning CD's

burncd is expressly written for IDE writers, whereas cdrecord is written
for SCSI cd writers.  There is no SCSI emulation for FreeBSD like with
linux.

As far as using burncd with your writer, there is a good chance it will.
If you have an ISO image you wish to burn to a CDR, the burncd manpage
gives an example.

- Scott

smacked into the keyboard previously by owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

 >Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:49:09 +0200
 >From: Tadas <b-tadas@takas.lt>
 >To: FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
 >Subject: Burning CD's
 >
 >Hello,
 >
 >I've bought a Mitsumi CD-4809TE CD-RW. I would like to know if it is
 >supported by FreeBSD's burncd? How burncd differs from cdrecord?
 >
 >Bye,
 >Tadas

Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48