Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:25:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        Inix ZixinG <inix@manutd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email Server

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Inix ZixinG wrote:
> I'm looking for a Email Server software for
> FreeBSD, which is mini ISP strength. Supports
> multiple domains, mail forwarding and SMTP
> relaying. though the relaying should be able to
> be turned off.

Most folks use sendmail to fit exactly this bill... We have been using
smail for years (since 2.5 needed sendmail on a Tandy 6000!) because the
config files are more readable and UUCP support is a bit "better". No
doubt you will get other opinions, but between the sendmail config web
page and webmin, sendmail has an approachable learning curve, really works
well, and has more miles on the debugging odometer than anything else I
know of... - Jy@