Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:01:16 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

Nakagawa-san

arigato gozaimasu.

gomen nasai.  watashi wa nihongo ga wakarimasen.[*]

Thank you for taking the time to translate your thoughts into
English.  I know how hard the language barrier can be.

In message <199904090913.SAA03116@chandra.eatell.msr.prug.or.jp>
NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa writes:
: - Separate PCIC code into three parts: ISA frontend, PCI
: frontend and bus independent backend.

I think this is another way of saying that a pcic device has either a
ISA attachment, or a PCI attachment.  pcic devices support pcmcia
bus(es) being attached to them.

This sounds exactly like the current situation wrt scsi cards.  A bt
device has isa and pci attachments, and supports scsi bus(es) being
attach to that card.  Of course other nexus hierarchies are possible.

What makes things worse is that some devices that can act like the
current pcic can also act like a device which can attach cardbus cards
to.  And sometimes those devices can be in compatibility mode, which
only adds to the confusion.

Warner

[*] I'm hoping to say, in japanese written in romanji, "I'm very
sorry.  I can't speak Japanese, yet."  I've started learning, but
still have a long ways to go...