Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:51:48 +0200
From:      Giuliano Gavazzi <dev+lists@humph.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Z=F6ld?= <zgabe84@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org, julian@elischer.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.1 IPv6 multihoming problem

On T 2 Apr, 2009, at 11:02 , Z=F6ld wrote:

> Hi guys! I attached my testbed! It's a small testbed, I don't need =20
> to look
> onto the internet. The wlan gets an address from =20
> 2001:738:2001:2082::/64 The
> phone gets an address from 2001:738:2001:20a9::/64 The server in the
> 2001:738:2001:2081:/64 network.
> I would like to make some SCTP failover measurement between the =20
> laptop and
> SCTP server. I need a solution where the packets go via the proper
> interfaces. (ipfw fwd doesn't work)
> Static routes don't operate, because the packets always out on the =20
> default
> gateway.
> I work on my thesis and I haven't got too much time. Can you explain =20=

> an
> exact solution?

what I called routing a packet according to source, seems to be a well =20=

know (so to speak) thing: policy based routing: =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Policy-based_routing=20
  that, apart from ipfw fwd (for ipv4) is supported (more finely) by =20
linux (with some bugs) and Cisco IOS (with more than some bugs I =20
suppose...)
So, since you have a cisco somewhere, go and read:
=
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/qos/configuration/guide/qcpolicy.=
html

towards the end there is even a specific example for "ow to route =20
traffic from different sources to different places (next hops)"

Thank you for making me look for this info, as I had already to patch =20=

macosx ipfw (the kernel really), to make fwd functional, but with this =20=

I will be able to do it in the cisco router, and leave the kernel =20
alone...

Giuliano=