Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:27:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Kirchner <davidk@accretivetg.com>
To:        randall ehren <randall@isber.ucsb.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, Steve McGhee <stevem@redigital.com>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Silly crackers... NT is for kids...]

Automated responses to the queries is a Very Bad Thing (tm). All it will
do is clog up the Internet further, filling sysadmin mailboxes.

To put it in to perspective, consider that a server I am on is hit by Code
Red 15-20,000 times a day for the past month. That's a hell of a lot of
e-mail going out just to remind people that they should keep up on
security. You're probably better off just ignoring them.