Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:06:15 +0200
From:      Damian Kuczynski <Damian_Kuczynski@nik.gov.pl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   quotas and file creditentials

Hello

When I tried to analizee problem with mail.local writing messages to
user mailmox over quota limit I saw, that once root open a file which
belongs to nonprivileged user ex. test1, and after that drops his
privlegees to this user
then user test1 is able to write to this file as many data an he want
and qverquota his disk limits
mail.local works in this maneer so it is able to overquota user mailbox.

Is this normal, or maybe file should be writen under permissions
effective user (euid=test1)

Best regards

Damian Kuczynski