Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:58:34 -0600
From:      Jim King <king@sstar.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH for -STABLE?

At 03:47 PM 11/19/1999 +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
>Folks,
>
>         I know that OpenSSH is relatively new, and that a port for it was
> recently incorporated into -CURRENT.  However, I can't find any
> information that would tell me whether or not it's been back-ported to
> -STABLE (the port for -CURRENT appears to depend on crypto.1, a library
> that does not appear to be found on -STABLE).  Can anyone clear this
> up?  Alternatively, can anyone point me at the official OpenSSH tarball?
>
>         I found <http://www.freebsd.org/ports/security.html>, but the
> information on OpenSSH from this page is limited, and the web page at
> <http://www.openssh.com/>; appears to be just another virtual host on the
> OpenBSD site, but without a corresponding OpenSSH-specific source tree,
> etc....  I also searched the online archives of -questions and -stable
> for "openssh", but no hits were returned.

Have you tried building the OpenSSH port on -stable?  I built and installed
it last night (on a -stable x86 box, and a -current Alpha box), and it
appears to be working just fine.

I think the crypto.1 library is part of OpenSSL, which should get built
automatically if you build the OpenSSH port.

Jim