Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:05:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Subramaniam Vincent <svincent@ISI.EDU>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sun code port to freebsd - Makefile issues

Can anyone give me some advice on how make a *clean* port of code from
sun to freebsd, where the sun Makefile contains include files not there in
the freebsd distbn. *clean* concerns the  dependency lines  at the
bottom of the Makefile.

When I move over the code & Makefile to the freebsd platform, I need to
manually remove dependency lines the correspond to non existent include
files (sun) , before doing a gmake or make.
gmake depend creates a correct .depend file, but that doesnt help.
is there some mkdep stuff I am missing here?

thanks

Vince