Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:33:06 +0200 (EET)
From:      Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM and Compaq Contura 400CX

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Nate Williams wrote:

> > it receives many extraneous PMEV_SUSPENDREQ events.
> > I guess that this is caused by bios not clearing
> > the event correctly in this situation, since adding
> > a small delay before calling apm_processevent makes
> > everything to work OK.
>
> Are you running the latest/greatest bits in apm.c (v1.65)?

	Yep, 1.65 it is.

> If so, how long of a delay are you using?

	This was just an experiment. The delay is 1 second, which
	is quite long I guess. I could try to iterate what is
	the minimum. (I am also willing to test other solutions
	to this if needed.)

> This is no good.  I could easily fix this, but I'm not sure what's the
> best way to do this and still maintain compatability with other
> machines/specificiations.  Fixing it to work on your machine may break
> it on other machines. :(

	I tried first adding a flag into apm_suspend, which
	makes it just return if it has already been called.
	Worked also, but it doesn't feel like a very clean solution
	either.

	Ari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
	Lappeenranta, Finland